The 93,000 tonne MSC Poesia ran aground atop a reef off the coast of Grand Bahamas Island last Saturday morning during a three-night charter cruise.
“The ship and its guests were always completely safe and all onboard equipment and services continued to operate normally including all previously scheduled tender service and shore excursions,” an MSC Cruises spokesperson said in a statement to Cruise Radio.
MSC Poesia was assisted by four tugs with one standing by on Saturday evening and arrived at her next port of Little San Salvador on time the following morning.The ship will continue her schedule of Caribbean itineraries as normal.
Tuesday, 10 January 2012
MSC runs aground in Bahamas
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.A
More Top Stories
More Cruise News
- Ever wondered how cruise ships have enough champagne and caviar?
- Study: big opportunity for cruising in the UK
- MSC CRUISES – SULTANS OF ARABIA 9 NIGHT PACKAGE – Return flight + 7 night cruise from $AUD 2664pp
- Princess Cruises' Royal Princess tea party
- UK Fred. Olsen cruise passengers take norovirus legal action