10 days tour to Hanoi, Halong, Hue, Hoi An, Danang and Ho Chi Minh City
(Tour Code: VE12)
|“Vietnam Explorer” is designed for holiday-makers who have only a short vacation and/or business travellers who wish to do some brief sightseeing. This journey will take you to the major cities in Vietnam: peaceful Hanoi, picturesque Halong, poetic Hue, ancient Hoi An, bustling Danang and dynamic Ho Chi Minh City where visitors will find different ways of life and different customs and practices. |
|Day 1: Australia / Hanoi|
|Fly from Australia to Hanoi. Your tour guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. Hanoi, Vietnam´s capital city, boasts tree-lined streets and centuries-old temples. Overnight in Hanoi.|
|Day 2: Hanoi||Meal: B/L/D|
|This morning´s sightseeing tour features both cultural and historical highlights, comprising of the Temple of Literature, the Ethnology Museum, Ho Chi Minh´s Former Residence, the West Lake, Lake Hoan Kiem, the old quarters and a downtown pedicab ride (1 hour). Evening show includes the famous Water Puppets (1st class seats).|
|Day 3: Hanoi / Halong||Meal: B/L/D|
|This morning drive to Halong Bay, 170km from Hanoi (it takes approximately 3 hours). You stopover at the ceramic and hand embroidery workshops en route. Board your private boat for a beautiful cruise along Halong Bay (4 hours), a world heritage site recognised by UNESCO in 1994. You will also visit some magical grottoes and relax in the best scenic beauty Vietnam has to offer. A fresh seafood lunch is served on board. Take a short city tour of Ha Long Bay after disembarkation. Overnight in Halong Bay. You could visit the local night market after dinner.|
|Day 4: Halong / Hanoi / Hue ||Meal: B/L/D|
|A late morning departure for Hanoi airport for your flight to Hue. A light lunch is served on the way. Upon arrival in Hue, you visit the Imperial Citadel, which was built in 1804 on a site chosen in accordance with geomancy and the tomb of King Tu Duc (ruled 1848 - 1883). The monument, designed by the king himself, was also used as holiday retreat during his lifetime. Overnight in Hue. |
|Day 5: Hue / Hoi An||Meal: B/L/D|
|This morning you are transferred to Hoi An via Danang (110km). Admire the beautiful landscape along the road through the Hai Van Pass. Panoramic views of the clouds, the sea and the mountains around are unfolded at the scenic Lang Co lagoon. After arriving in Danang, visit the Cham Sculpture Museum, which boasts the finest collection of Cham sandstone sculptures in the world. This afternoon, transfer to Hoi An. After your hotel check-in, you are free to enjoy some time on the beach. Dinner is served at local restaurant. Overnight in Hoi An.|
|Day6: Hoi An / My Son ||Meal: B/L/D|
|Hoi An, is the so called ´Living Museum´ because of its well-kept original historical buildings and ancient backstreets. Visit one of the three city´s oldest homes, built over 200 years ago and still occupied by descendants of the families that originally built them; then tour to the Chinese Assembly Hall and the unique Japanese Bridge. This afternoon you visit the Ruins of My Son and see the Cham Holy See. Lunch and dinner served at local restaurants at your choice of western (steak, pizza, salad etc) and local cuisines. |
|Day 7: Hoi An / Ho Chi Minh City ||Meal: B/L/D|
|Transfer to Danang airport for flight to Ho Chi Minh City, formally called Saigon, the economic and commercial centre of Vietnam. Enjoy sunset on board a tour boat sailing up along the Saigon River; then dinner is served at a local restaurant.|
|Day 8: Ho Chi Minh City||Meal: B/L/WD|
|This morning, depart for Cu Chi, 70km north of Saigon, famed for its 200-kilometre-long tunnels. Crawl down a tunnel to feel the underground life. This afternoon take a tour round the City, featuring the History Museum, Binh Tay Market in Chinatown, Thien Hau Temple and a lacquer workshop. A Western dinner is served at Cordon Blue Restaurant.|
|Day 9: Ho Chi Minh City / Australia ||Meal: B|
|Today is at leisure for last minute shopping or to explore Ho Chi Minh City at your own pace. A late checkout is provided till 6 pm to freshen up before your transfer to the airport for your overnight flight bound for Australia. |
|Day 10: Australia |
|Arrive into Australia in the morning.|
Early Bird Savings available with this sign
Guaranteed Departure Dates and Prices
|Full package with international air departing from Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane# / Adelaide# / Perth#|
|Vietnam Airlines||Singapore Airlines||Cathay Pacific|
|Land only#: A$1980; Single supplement: A$550; Triple Share deduction: A$-40|
|Hotels used for this tour:|
|Hanoi:4*Hanoi Sunway Hotel -(2N),|
Halong :4*Halong Bay Mithrin Hotel-(1N),
Hoi An:4*Hoi An Beach Resort -(2N),
Ho Chi Minh City :4*Saigon Duxton Hotel -(2N) or similar
Pre/Post Stay : Click here for hotel rate.
- This is a guaranteed departure tour. All prices above include airport taxes and fuel surcharges.
- # Package prices of Vietnam Airlines are for departing from Sydney or Melbourne only; not available for departures from Perth. Those departing from Brisbane or Adelaide please add extra $200 for the connecting flights to Sydney / Melbourne.
- Land only price: Tour starts from Arrival transfer in Hanoi to Departure transfer in Saigon, including domestic air tickets & taxes but excluding any International air tickets.
- Single entry Vietnam visa application fee extra $70.
- * Package prices of Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific are common-rated for departures from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth. Flying with Singapore Airlines to Hanoi need to stay overnight in Singapore at your own expenses.
- * Stopover in Singapore permitted if flying with Singapore Airlines; One stopover in Hong Kong permitted if flying with Cathay Pacific. Extra airport taxes apply. Land arrangement in Singapore or Hong Kong can be arranged at additional cost.
Inclusions of Full Package Group Tours
- Return economy class airfares departing from Australia with selected airlines to Vietnam,Laos, Cambodia and China including all domestic flights, including ticketed airport taxes & fuel charges as at November 2010(CBT Holidays reserve the right to charge extra if airlines increase the fuel surcharge)
- Fully inclusive tour with all transfers between airports / piers / stations and hotels in each city; daily sightseeing and entrance fees as per itinerary; evening entertainments; professional English speaking local guides; most of the meals. (breakfast served Western/Local style buffet at hotel, while lunch and dinner are mostly Chinese meals served at selected restaurants, please refer to meal code on itinerary, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, BD=Buffet Dinner, SD=Specialty Dinner, WD=Western Dinner)
- Twin share superior class accommodations, most of our hotels are 4 star international standard (3.5* hotel used for Japan Tour) located in the city centre; all rooms are with private facilities, telephone, colour TV and some are with swimming pool or even room internet facilities etc.
- Professional English speaking guide, who will accompany the group throughout each country; this is subject to a minimum of 10 clients for each group.
- CBT Holidays travel wallet and travel bag.