Jessica Watson, 2011 Young Australian of the Year and youngest person to sail solo, unassisted and non-stop around the world, now adds the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) to her impressive resume after being recognised by the Order of Australia Association in the Australia Day honours for her services to sailing and to youth.
Of the award she said "It's very humbling because there are so many other incredible Australians. Sometimes I kick myself, thinking: 'what am I doing here? I'm just me!'"Jessica, was officially inducted into the MTA – Mobile Travel Agents team in front of 120 Travel Agents and Head Office staff at their brand launch celebration on the 19 November 2011.
Co Managing Directors Roy and Karen Merricks couldn’t be more proud and pleased for Jessica’s recognition “She is young, adventurous and inspiring and such a fantastic representation of MTA in all aspects”.
Friday, 27 January 2012
MTA – Mobile Travel Agents, is proud to celebrate the 2012 Australia Day honour awarded to their new brand ambassador,
Source = MTA Travel
More Top Stories
- Helen Wong Returns To The Classroom To Collect Award
- Australia's newest luxury lodge makes winners list
- Etihad Airways’ ’Virtual Currency’ Solution Wins Industry Recognition
- Emirates SkyCargo Wins Cargo Operator of the Year Award
- Crown Resorts win 'Australia's Best Hotel' Award and 'Best Hotel Renovation' Award at 2013 International Hotel Awards