11 day tour to Beijing, Xian, Hangzhou, Suzhou & Shanghai
(Tour Code: CE12)
|Beijing: Great Wall of China, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, Hutong Tour, Beijing Duck|
Xian: City Wall, Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Banpo Neolithic Village Museum, Tang Show, Dumpling Banquet.
Hangzhou: West Lake, Tea Plantation, Wuzhen Water-town.
Suzhou : Leaning Pagoda, Humble Administrator's Garden, Silk Factory.
Shanghai : Yu Garden, The Bund, Nanjing Road, Acrobatics Show and Maglev Train.
|Day 1: Australia / Beijing|
|Depart on your flight to Beijing. Your tour guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel.|
|Day 2: Beijing ||Meal: B/L/BD|
|Today you visit Tiananmen Square, the largest city square in the world. From Tiananmen Square enter the Forbidden City. This massive complex was the centre of the Ming and Qing dynasties. With almost 10,000 rooms, this well-preserved imperial palace is the largest in the world. After lunch, ride a trishaw to tour the ancient city alleys of the Hutongs and experience the lifestyle of the local people. A buffet dinner will be served at the hotel.|
|Day 3: Beijing ||Meal: B/L/SD|
|Today you will experience the splendour of the Great Wall, the pride of China and one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It is an amazing manmade structure built over 2000 years ago to protect China from northern invaders. After climbing the Great Wall, you then head off to the 2008 Beijing Olympic venues of the Bird´s Nest and Water Cube for a photo stop. Next to the Summer Palace, the largest and best preserved of all imperial palace gardens. Marvel with fascination at the Marble Boat and the ornately painted Long Corridor. This evening, enjoy a delicious Peking Duck Banquet. |
|Day 4: Beijing / Xian ||Meal: B/D|
|This morning is at leisure. Later you tour the magnificent Temple of Heaven, a Ming Temple where the Emperors performed annual rites essential for the wellbeing of their land before boarding your flight late in the afternoon to Xian, the most historic city in China and the capital of ancient China for 11 dynasties.|
|Day 5: Xian ||Meal: B/L/SD|
|Today´s touring is to the vast treasure of the underground army of the Terracotta Warriors. They are to be found at an archaeological site which so far has yielded some 8000 ancient terracotta soldiers and horses, each a unique, finely detailed sculpture. This afternoon, you visit the ancient city wall which is one of the best persevered in China. Dinner is a sumptuous dumpling banquet and the spectacular Tang Dynasty stage show.|
|Day 6: Xian / Shanghai / Suzhou ||Meal: B/L/D|
|Transfer to the airport for your flight to Shanghai. Board your coach to Suzhou, referred to as the "Venice of the East" because it was built around a network of canals and bridges which fan out from the Grand Canal. Suzhou is also famous for its charming gardens. Dinner is served at your hotel.|
|Day 7: Suzhou||Meal: B/L/BD|
|Begin the day with a visit to the picturesque Humble Administrator´s Garden, the most famous garden in Suzhou. You will also visit the Master of the Nets Garden, which is among the finest gardens in China. It is recognized with other classical Suzhou gardens as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The garden demonstrates Chinese garden designers´ adept skills for synthesizing art, nature, and architecture to create unique metaphysical masterpieces. A stop at the Number One Silk Factory to witness the production of the finest silk in China. Later, take coach to Hangzhou. This evening a buffet dinner will be served at your hotel.|
|Day 8: Hangzhou / Shanghai ||Meal: B/L/WD|
|This morning take a leisurely cruise on the beautifully stunning West Lake before going to Flower Harbour (Huagang) Park to see the Red Carp. Then visit a tea plantation to sample some of the best green tea in China and to see the ancient process of refining tea. After a 2 hour drive, you will have lunch in the small historical town of Wuzhen, an example of a typical water town. After lunch, you will wander through narrow alley and have a cruise on its zigzag waterways. Late in the afternoon, board a coach to China´s largest city, Shanghai. Western dinner will be served in this evening.|
|Day 9: Shanghai ||Meal: B/L/D|
|After breakfast, the day begins with a grand city tour of Shanghai - the classical Ming Dynasty Yu Yuan Gardens with pavilions, towers and terraces and Pudong, the new economic district across from the Bund. The tour continues after lunch with a stroll along the spacious promenade of the Bund and window shopping along bustling Nanjing Road. You can also do your last minute shopping at the Longhua Market or Taobao Market. This evening you will enjoy the amazing Shanghai Acrobatic Show.|
|Day 10: Shanghai / Australia ||Meal: B|
|Today is at leisure in Shanghai. Late check-out till 6pm, then your tour guide will accompany you on the Shanghai Maglev, the fastest train in the world, to Shanghai Pudong Airport for your flight home to Australia. (*Maglev train can only be arranged for departing from Pudong Airport)|
|Day 11: Australia|
|Arrive in Australia in the morning.|
Early Bird Savings available with this sign
Guaranteed Departure Dates and Prices
|Full package with international airfare departing from Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane# / Adelaide# / Perth|
|China Eastern||Qantas||Singapore Airlines|
|Land only#: A$1950; Single supplement: A$490; Triple Share deduction: A$-40|
Pre/Post Stay : Click here for hotel rate.
- This tour is a guaranteed departure. All prices above include airport taxes and fuel surcharges.
- Land only price: Tour starts from Arrival transfer in Beijing to Departure transfer in Shanghai, including domestic air tickets & taxes but excludes any International air tickets.
- # Package prices of China Eastern is for departing from Sydney or Melbourne only; not available for departures from Perth. Those departing from Brisbane or Adelaide please make your own way to Sydney or Melbourne at your own expenses.
- # Package prices of Qantas or Singapore Airlines above are common rated for departures from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth. For flying with Qantas, extra taxes/fuel surcharge of $95 apply for departing from Perth or extra $30 apply for departing from Adelaide.
- Extra visa cost: single entry China visa of A$98.50
- Stopover in Singapore permitted if flying with Singapore Airlines; One stopover in Hong Kong permitted if flying with Qantas. Extra airport taxes apply. Land arrangement in Singapore or Hong Kong can be arranged at additional cost.
Inclusions of Full Package Group Tours
- Fully inclusive tour with all transfers between airports / piers / stations and hotels in each city; daily sightseeing and entrance fees as per itinerary; evening entertainments; professional English speaking local guides; most of the meals. (breakfast served Western/Local style buffet at hotel, while lunch and dinner are mostly Chinese meals served at selected restaurants, please refer to meal code on itinerary, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, BD=Buffet Dinner, SD=Specialty Dinner, WD=Western Dinner)
- Twin share superior class accommodations, most of our hotels are 4 star international standard (3.5* hotel used for Japan Tour) located in the city centre; all rooms are with private facilities, telephone, colour TV and some are with swimming pool or even room internet facilities etc.
- Professional English speaking guide, who will accompany the group throughout each country; this is subject to a minimum of 10 clients for each group.
- CBT Holidays travel wallet and travel bag.