The “sold out” sign across most of the tour packages for this season’s Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras has put a smile on the face of Mario Paez at Planetdwellers, Australia’s most popular tour operator for international gay and lesbian visitors to Australia.
Booked out packages include Planetdwellers’ “Gaybourhood” walking tours, and day trips to surrounding areas such as the Blue Mountains.
“We haven’t been this busy since 2008,” said Paez (pictured, right). “International bookings are through the roof, with USA bookings more than double since last year’s Mardi Gras, UK bookings up more than 60% and new travellers from Argentina and Singapore.”
“Gay and lesbian tourists want to see the same popular destinations, as well as some unique places for their community. Planetdwellers’ tour guides are up to date with the popular venues, parties, cultural activities and specific locations of the most interest to our gay and lesbian clientele,” said Paez.
“We ensure they make the most of their time in Australia, and hopefully go home and tell all their friends.”
Friday, 2 March 2012
International Visits Surge For Mardi Gras 2012
Source = Planetdwellers
More Top Stories
More GLBT News
- Welcome to Out in OZ the official newsletter of Gay and Lesbian Tourism Australia (GALTA)
- IGLTA Joins ECPAT’s Fight Against Child Trafficking
- United Proudly Sponsors IGLTA Global Convention in Chicago
- Visit Flanders celebrates 10 Years of Same-Sex Marriage in Belgium
- The world’s new mecca for gay travel: Tel Aviv