Catering to the Chinese travel market, broadcast specialist, Vision247 has signed an agreement with China’s largest TV network, China Central Television (CCTV) to distribute its English language news to more than 500 hotels within the UK.
Guests will be able to access CCTV’s news direct from their hotel rooms, with all information “delivered from the Chinese cultural viewpoint”, according to Vision247 chief executive John Mills.
“CCTV continues to embrace innovative distribution models to deliver television to its global audience, which is something we are uniquely able to facilitate,” Mr Mills said.
“This agreement is particularly satisfying given CCTV is deploying our technology and expertise to deliver channels over Freeview into the home, and now via a range of platforms into hotels.
“For travelling business people and those visiting the UK there is no excuse to miss out on high quality global broadcast news.”CCTV News will roll out to more than 500 UK hotels by the end of this year across multiple delivery platforms.
Friday, 22 June 2012
UK hotels to broadcast news direct from China
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.J
More Top Stories
More Hospitality News
- Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane
- Quest Mackay on Gordon on track to open
- Wyndham Hotel Group Signs Deal To Bring Upscale Wyndham Grand To Bangalore
- TAA Awards Stamford Plaza Melbourne “Apartment/Suite Accommodation of the Year.”
- Langham Hospitality Group announces new Langham Place hotel to open in Haining, China in 2014