Japan Airlines (JAL) will begin offering JAL SKY Wi-Fi this summer. The high-speed, wireless Internet service will gradually be introduced onboard JAL's international flights as the airline progressively equips aircraft across its international fleet with the broadband Ku connectivity solution eXConnect by Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Panasonic).
With JAL SKY Wi-Fi, customers in every cabin class will be able to send and receive emails, update and navigate their social media networks and browse the World Wide Web utilizing their personal electronic devices such as laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled gadgets. As an alternative in-flight entertainment option, or for getting some work done, customers can now enjoy the convenience of an onboard Wi-Fi environment that is comparable to ground-level broadband Internet access in terms of connection and data-transfer speed.
Tuesday, 26 June 2012
JAL Switches On Internet Connection Service [JAL SKY Wi-Fi]
Source = Japan Airlines
More Top Stories
More Aviation News
- Garuda Indonesia Introduces Complimentary Chauffeur Service
- First Chinese assembled A320 with Sharklets goes to China Eastern
- SIA awards contract for new Customer Experience Management system
- oneworld airline alliance enters events and conventions travel market
- Air Pacific's second A330 arrives in Nadi