Manning levels at the Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji has exceeded over 600 staff.
With the introduction of new guest’s services, such as the Meimei Nannies, Teen Activities, Talai Butlers and Spa Therapists the resort has been able to recruit an additional 300 staff over the last three years.
General Manager, Peter Hopgood said that one of his greatest achievements since his appointment in 2009 has been to provide an extra 300 jobs to local unemployed youth.
“As the resort business has grown, it has allowed us to create new roles. Every 3 months we go out to our local communities and offer employment opportunities to the unemployed youth.
“The wonderful thing about the Fijian people is their warmth and genuine friendly nature which is exactly what we look for in the hospitality industry – all they require is some technical training,” he said.
Over the past 3 years the resort has seen considerable growth in occupancies and guest satisfaction. This pattern is forecast to continue in the coming years.
In addition to the family market, the resort is also extremely popular for all-inclusive destination weddings with over 250 weddings booked for this calendar year!
Wednesday, 4 July 2012
Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji Hits Record Staffing Levels
Source = Outrigger on the Lagoon Fiji
More Top Stories
More Hospitality News
- The toughest holiday: Australia’s first Biggest Loser Retreat
- Regent Hotels & Resorts Prepares to Unveil Exclusive All-Suites Bali Resort
- Swissotel Hotels & Resorts continues expansion in China with a new hotel in Xi'an
- QLD tourism targets promote accommodation development
- Little Polynesian Resort awarded Trip Advisor 2013 Certificate of Excellence