Destination NSW has kicked off a new tourism campaign, showcasing Sydney’s ‘hidden gems’ and encouraging travellers to explore the city “like a local”.
Kicking off this week, the tourist bureau said the message of exploring like a local would raise awareness of experience beyond the obvious and into less known food, wine, fashion and shopping locations.
Accompanying the Group’s Love Every Second in Sydney campaign launched in May this year, Destination NSW chief executive Sandra Chipchase explained it would showcase Sydney’s “inner precincts”.
“From Newtown’s vintage boutiques, Paddington’s weekend markets to the chic bars and gastronomic delights in Surry Hills, visitors will ‘love every second in Sydney’ when they experience Sydney like a local,” Ms Chipchase said.
The campaign will include print and digital advertising and will showcase Surry Hills’ chic restaurants, Darlinghurst’s cool bars, Redfern’s galleries, Newtown’s shops, Glebe’s old homes and Potts Point’s waterside dining.
Wednesday, 4 July 2012
Travellers urged to explore Sydney like a local
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.J
More Top Stories
More Tourist Bureau News
- Tourism Malaysia Australia announces new Perth Director and Sydney Deputy Director
- Asian celebrities recruited to promote Australia
- Australian TV Program ‘THE GURUS EXPLORE’ visit Korea to Film Highlights of Seoul, Busan and Jeju Island
- Zurich Airport Named the World's Best Airport
- Tourism Australia offers its own Best Job in the World