Gold Coast Tourism CEO To Act For Industry On Working Group
Gold Coast Tourism CEO Martin Winter will represent the industry and the delivery of pointed initiatives to advance the Queensland tourism sector.
Mr Winter has been appointed to the Newman Government’s Post-Forum Working Group to implement agreed actions signed off at the inaugural DestinationQ Forum held in Cairns last month.
“The Newman Government has moved swiftly and decisively in elevating the tourism industry as a key pillar of the economy and valuing the input of industry based leaders such as Gold Coast Tourism,” he said.
“Delivering on the DestinationQ Forum actions will generate real progress for the thousands of tourism operators and the 221,000 Queenslanders employed in the state’s tourism industry.”
“Our job is to ensure that momentum is maintained and that positive intent is seen through to delivery.”
Tourism Department Director-General Dr Richard Eden and Queensland Tourism Industry Council Chair Stephen Gregg will Co-Chair the working group which includes:
- Daniel Gschwind- QTIC Chief Executive
- Martin Winter- Gold Coast Tourism Corporation Chief Executive Officer
- Ron Chapman- Caravanning Queensland Chief Executive Officer
- Laura Younger- General Manager Australian Timeshare & Holiday Ownership Council
- Mary Carroll- Capricorn Enterprise Chief Executive Officer
- Agency representatives determined by the Director-General
Martin Winter is the CEO of the Gold Coast Tourism Corporation, a member of the Queensland Tourism Industry Council Board, Chairperson of the International Congress and Convention Association Asia Pacific and Director of the Australian Associations of Convention Bureaux.
Source = Gold Coast Tourism