|Hawaiian Airlines led the nation’s 15 largest carriers in on-time performance during the month of May, according to the Air Travel Consumer Report issued today by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
Hawaiian earned the DOT’s #1 ranking with its flights arriving on time at a rate of 94.7 percent, exceeding the industry average by 11.3 percentage points.
In the category of fewest flight cancellations, Hawaiian was barely edged out of the top spot for May despite having only three cancellations out of 6,246 total flights, or less than 0.1 percent.
Hawaiian provides daily nonstop service to Hawai‘i from 11 gateway cities in North America– more cities than any other carrier – using Airbus A330-200 and Boeing 767-300 aircraft, making it the only carrier to offer wide-body, twin-aisle aircraft for all transpacific flights.
Hawai‘i’s largest and longest-serving carrier is also the leading provider of air service between the islands of Hawai‘i.
Thursday, 12 July 2012
Hawaiian’s 94.7% On-Time Performance Led Nation’s Carriers in May
Source = Hawaiian Airlines
More Top Stories
More Aviation News
- First Chinese assembled A320 with Sharklets goes to China Eastern
- SIA awards contract for new Customer Experience Management system
- oneworld airline alliance enters events and conventions travel market
- Air New Zealand offers improved check-in with new Melbourne kiosk service
- Emirates – EK419 – Christchurch to Sydney – Economy Class