Brisbane’s leading independent hotel, The Point, is now one of the city’s largest hotels following a $20m redevelopment and expansion.
Located at Kangaroo Point and managed by Best Management Group, the hotel has been redesigned to meet the needs of business travellers, and now has more than 200 stylish and wellappointed rooms, as well as meeting and event facilities.
“The Point has been operational for 10 years, and two-thirds of guests are corporate clientele,” said Best Management Group Managing Director, David Catterall. “Before the redevelopment, we gathered significant guest feedback seeking their input regarding key areas for improvement and expansion. We were then able to use this information to tailor The Point’s new features and services with an aim to not only meet customer expectations, but go above and beyond.”
Constructed by Hutchinson Builders, the expansion and redevelopment includes:
• spacious Studio rooms, and Executive, Deluxe, Junior, and Penthouse suites
• an additional 99 rooms built and equipped to AAA Tourism Five STAR specifications
• an all-new Lambert’s restaurant and cocktail lounge, designed by renowned Brisbane architect, Joseph Ceccato, and open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
• the introduction of a new restaurant menu to reflect guests’ preferences
• a substantially expanded lobby and public area
• Wi-Fi technology throughout the entire hotel.
The Point’s close locale to the CBD, Fortitude Valley, South Bank Parklands and The Gabba stadium also provides sensational inner-city views, including the iconic Story Bridge and Brisbane River, East Brisbane and beyond.
“Our multi-dimensional approach to the expansion embraces technology, excellent dining and lounge facilities, functionality, and comfort,” Catterall said. “At the end of the day, we know our customers appreciate a delicious meal and a drink or two before returning to a comfortable room, and the redevelopment offers all this and more. It’s exactly why The Point is the first choice for our repeat clients, and we welcome the opportunity to showcase our rooms, facilities and services to new business travellers to Brisbane.”