12 day tour to Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan, Mt. Popa, Pindaya, Shwe Nyaung, Inle Lake and Heho
(Tour Code: MD12)
|Day 1: Australia / Yangon||Meal: D|
|Fly from Australia to Yangon. Your tour guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. Overnight in Yangon.|
|Day 2: Yangon||Meal: B/L/D|
|Today you visit the National Museum-04 story building which displays all about Myanmar, mainly the Lion Throne of the last king of Myanmar, who exiled to India in 1886, the Botahtaung Pagoda-the combination of stupa & temple, the colonial area, the Sule Pagoda-the landmark of Yangon city Centre, which has been enshrined the hair relic of Buddha, the Chaukhtatgyi Reclining Buddha Image-70 meters long and huge colossal image. Finally, visit the Shwedagon Pagoda-one of the wonders of the world where we can observe the ways of life of Buddhists such as offering the water, candles, flowers, etc. Overnight in Yangon.|
|Day 3: Yangon / Mandalay||Meal: B/L/D|
|In the morningtTransfer to the airport for the flight to Mandalay. Upon arrival, drive to Mandalay(01 hr). Direct excursion to Mingun (01 hr) along mighty Ayeyarwaddy River. During the river cruise, we may enjoy the fascinating landscapes of the river as well as the daily life of the people living along the Ayeyarwaddy. Visit Mingun pagoda, which was dedicated to be the highest one but remained as the biggest pile of bricks & the biggest ringing bell of 90 tons, the unusual Myatheindan pagoda, which represents Mt.Meru and the abode of celestial beings. Back to Mandalay and visit traditional handicraft workshops such as, marble carving, gold leaves beating, Kuthodaw Pagoda, which houses 729 marble slabs, sculptured the teaching of Buddha, Shwenandaw (Golden Palace) Monastery, which is the masterpiece of wood carving, etc. Finally enjoy the sunset on top of Mandalay Hill where we can admire the beauty of Mandalay City, Shan Plateau, etc. Come back to hotel and leisure. Overnight in Mandalay.|
|Day 4: Mandalay / Amarapura / Sagaing / Ava / Mandalay||Meal: B/L/D|
|Visit Mahamuni Buddha Image-one of the most sacred Buddha Images in Myanmar with 01 ton of gold-gilded and many pieces of precious stones, such as diamonds, rubies, pearls, sapphires, emeralds, etc. Excursion to Amarapura (01:00 hr), an ancient capital of Myanmar, where we can observe the life of over 1000 monks at Mahagandaryon Monastery & silk weaving factory. Proceed to Sagaing, where we can observe the fascinating landscapes of the Ayeyarwaddy River from serene Sagaing Hill, the place of over 700 monasteries, Kaungmudaw Pagoda-the magnificent dome remarkably seen from far away, silverware factory, etc. Continue to Ava(Inwa) and visit by horse carts to Maenu Okkyaung Monastery-built by the chief queen in 1818 for the venerable chief monk is the unique brick type building of 19th century, Nan Myint Tower-27 meter masonry high is declined due to the earthquake in 1811, Bargayar Monastery-well known for its wood carving with 267 teak pillars. Come back to Amarapura and enjoy the sunset by crossing over U Bein Bridge. Overnight in Mandalay.|
|Day 5: Mandalay / River cruise / Bagan||Meal: B/L/D|
|Early morning, after the breakfast, transfer to the jetty for the river cruise to Bagan by ferry boat. Leisure and enjoy the marvelous landscapes during the cruise. The boat may stop at some villages to get the local passengers up and down. Arrive to Bagan and transfer to the hotel. Overnight in Bagan.|
|Day 6: Bagan||Meal: B/L/D|
|Visit local market, where we can understand the daily life of local people, the Shwezigon Pagoda-the glory of Bagan, which was built over 900 years ago, the Htilominlo Temple-the best pilaster carving, the Nathtaukkyaung-monastery made of teak wood at the bank of the river, which as various antique Buddhist palm scriptures and Buddha Images, the Ananda Temple-the masterpiece of Bagan, the Gubyaukgyi Temple-the best mural paintings of 11th century, the Manuha Temple-huge Buddha Images in sitting and reclining positions, the Dhamayangyi Temple-the biggest and the finest brickworks temple in Bagan, the Sulamani Temple-the 12th century temple, which Is proud for its colorful wall paintings, the lacquerware workshop-the unique of Bagan, etc. Finally, enjoy the sunset on top of the Mingalarzedi Pagoda-the last one built in Bagan before Mongolian invasion. Overnight in Bagan.|
|Day 7: Bagan / Mt. Popa / Pindaya||Meal: B/L/D|
|Morning drive to Mt. Popa - an extinct volcano which is known as "Home of the Spirits" and observe the life of rural area on the way such as producing the palm sweets. We may stop several places for making the photos and knowing the countryside. Climb up 777 steps to reach on top of Mt.Popa cliff temple and enjoy the landscapes Come down and proceed to Pindaya. Check in at the hotel and leisure. Overnight in Pindaya.|
|Day 8: Pindaya / Aungban||Meal: B/L/D|
|Visit the Pindaya Caves-houses 8094 Buddha Images cast in lacquer, wood, stone, alabaster, etc, umbrella workshop, which is made of pulp. Transfer to Aungban Railway Station for the train to Shwe Nyaung(ETD-15:06, ETA-17:15). Drive to Inle and check in at the hotel. Overnight in Inle.|
|Day 9: Inle Lake||Meal: B/L/D|
|Boat excursion on the lake. Visit In Thein pagodas in ruins covered by trees and bushes-which are supposed to be old about 500 years, floating gardens, floating villages, Lotus-petal robe weaving looms, Phaungdaw Oo Pagoda-the most venerable pagoda on the lake, which houses 05 images of Buddha completely gilded, In Paw Khon village to observe the silk weaving, jumping cats monastery, etc. Overnight in Inle.|
|Day 10: Inle Lake / Yangon||Meal: B|
|Transfer to Heho Airport for the flight to Yangon. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure.|
|Day 11: Yangon / Australia||Meal: B|
|Today is at leisure until transfer to Yangon International Airport for your flight bound for Australia.|
|Day 12: Australia|
|Arrive into Australia in the morning|
Guaranteed Departure Dates and Prices
|Full package with international air departing from Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane|
|01/01/2012 - 22/09/2012: Land only#: A$2780; Single supplement: A$520|
23/09/2012 - 13/03/2013: Land only#: A$3240; Single supplement: A$760
; Triple Share deduction: A$-50
|Hotels used for this tour:|
|Yangon:4*Yangon Kandawgyi Palace Hotel-(2N),|
Mandalay:4*Mandalay City Hotel-(2N),
Bagan:4*Bagan The Hotel @ Tharabar Gate-(2N),
Pindaya:4*Pindaya Conqueror Hotel-(2N),
Inle Lake:4*Inle Resort hotel (Duplex Cottage)-(1N),
Yangon:4*Yangon Kandawgyi Palace Hotel-(1N) or similar
Pre/Post Stay : Click here for hotel rate.
- This is a guaranteed departure tour. All prices above include airport taxes and fuel surcharges.
- Land only price: Tour starts from Arrival transfer in Yangon to Departure transfer in Yangon, including all domestic air tickets and taxes but excluding any other International air tickets.
- Myanmar tourist visa are issued for a stay of up to 28 days and are valid for entry into the country within three months from the date of issue. You need: Passport with at least six months validity and blank page for visa; One tourist visa application form; Two recent passport size colour photos and visa fee of A$35 per person + $20 per booking courier fees to Canberra Embassy.
- # Package prices of Thai Airways are for departing from Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane only; Those depart from Melbourne will leave one day earlier; those depart from Brisbane need to stay over night in Bangkok on the way to Yangon at own expenses.
Inclusions of Full Package Group Tours
- Fully inclusive tour with all transfers between airports / piers / stations and hotels in each city; daily sightseeing and entrance fees as per itinerary; evening entertainments; professional English speaking local guides; most of the meals. (breakfast served Western/Local style buffet at hotel, while lunch and dinner are mostly Chinese meals served at selected restaurants, please refer to meal code on itinerary, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner, BD=Buffet Dinner, SD=Specialty Dinner, WD=Western Dinner)
- Twin share superior class accommodations, most of our hotels are 4 star international standard (3.5* hotel used for Japan Tour) located in the city centre; all rooms are with private facilities, telephone, colour TV and some are with swimming pool or even room internet facilities etc.
- Professional English speaking guide, who will accompany the group throughout each country; this is subject to a minimum of 10 clients for each group.
- CBT Holidays travel wallet and travel bag.