The International Air Transport Association (IATA) will hold its second World Passenger Symposium on 16-18 October at the Jumeirah at Etihad Towers Hotel in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The Symposium is expected to attract more than 600 key air transport stakeholders from airlines, airports, the supply chain and governments, from across the globe. The theme of the event – Innovate Together - will follow twin tracks on the passenger experience and revenue generation, with sessions encompassing the latest on distribution, security, ancillary revenues, baggage handling improvements, revenue management, and IT.
In addition to keynote speeches from James Hogan, President and CEO of lead sponsor Etihad Airways, and Tony Tyler, Director General and CEO of IATA, the CEO panel of the World Passenger Symposium is drawn from leading aviation, regulatory and academic figures, including:
- James E. Bennett, CEO, Abu Dhabi Airports Company
- Olivier Bijaoui, Executive Chairman President and CEO, Worldwide Flight Services
- John S. Pistole, Administrator, United States Transportation Security Administration
- Dr. Mustafa Sani Şener, CEO and Executive Board Member, Tav Airports Holding
- Nawal Taneja, Professor Emeritus, Ohio State University
- Willie Walsh, CEO, International Airlines Group
There will be a press conference with Mr Tyler at 10:20 on the 16th. Media are welcome to attend all three days and report on all discussions. A press briefing from IATA Senior Vice President for Industry Distribution and Financial Services Aleks Popovich will conclude the Symposium, immediately following the closing plenary session at lunchtime on the 18th. Other IATA experts will be available for interview during the event.
Simply select ‘media’ from the dropdown list on the registration site, and enter the code IMEDWPS once you reach the payment phase.