Some of the bloodiest fighting of World War 1 took place in the Flanders and Picardy regions of Northern France .The poppy was the only thing which grew in the aftermath of the complete devastation. After the winter blooming poppies covered the fields, hiding the horrible signs of the battles.
November 11th is the day to honor all victims of all wars. It is called either Remembrance Day or Veterans’ Day. People wear red poppies and have two minute silence at 11am.
TRBL raises funds for charity purposes by different “Poppy Activities” before the Remembrance Day. Poppy Golf 2012 tournament (Summit Green Valley Country Club) is the main event in Chiang Mai. The moneys raised will be shared between TRBL Thailand and Thai Veterans. Due to the nature of the tournament it will get quite a lot of attention both in local and national media.
Tournament will be organized by Golferholics Chiang Mai for TRBL Chiang Mai Branch. Participation Fee 1.800 Baht includes:
Hole in One contest at every par3, main prize 100.000 Baht.
Tuesday, 4 September 2012
Source = GHM
More Top Stories
More Charity News
- WWT’s Toy Building Mission
- Aussie Entrepreneur to Run 10 kms in 10 Cities Worldwide for YMCA Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Perisher to make donations to local community groups
- Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney: $12,000 raised for the CEO Sleepout
- Aussie Bike Adventurers raise over $36,000 for Charity in South Africa