Jetstar Asia yesterday operated its first service from Singapore to Shantou, becoming the first foreign carrier with an international service into the Shantou Waisha Airport.
Shantou in Guangdong Province is Jetstar Asia's second Mainland China destination, after Haikou was launched last December, and the low-cost carrier will be servicing the route three times a week.
"First time direct flight access between Shantou and Singapore will shave hours off existing travel times for travel between both cities and regions," said Chong Phit Lian, Jetstar Asia and Valuair CEO.
"Our direct flight time of just below 4 hours will halve the previous one stop flight option."Jetstar Asia also operates daily Chinese services from Singapore to Hong Kong, Taipei and Macau.
Thursday, 4 February 2010
Jetstar Asia inaugurates first Shantou-Singapore
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: W.X
More Top Stories
More Aviation News
- Garuda Indonesia Introduces Complimentary Chauffeur Service
- First Chinese assembled A320 with Sharklets goes to China Eastern
- SIA awards contract for new Customer Experience Management system
- oneworld airline alliance enters events and conventions travel market
- Air Pacific's second A330 arrives in Nadi