Lucerne - THE CITY. THE LAKE. THE MOUNTAINS.
Lucerne, the gateway to central Switzerland, sited on Lake Lucerne, is embedded within an impressive mountainous panorama. Thanks to its attractions, its souvenir and watch shops, the beautiful lakeside setting and the nearby excursion mountains of the Rigi, Pilatus and Stanserhorn, the town is a destination for many travel groups and individuals on their journey through central Switzerland.
- Chapel Bridge – one of Europe’s oldest wooden bridges and landmark of Lucerne, faithfully restored to its original design after a serious fire.
- Culture and Convention Centre of Lucerne (KKL) – unites a large concert auditorium, the convention centre and the art museum under its imposing roof.
- Swiss Museum of Transport – one of the most diverse museums in Europe for transport and communication, and the most-frequented museum in Switzerland. Has its own IMAX cinema on site.
- Lake Lucerne – the scenic beauty of the lake can be discovered on the many different cruises offered by paddlewheel steamers and motor vessels.
- Pilatus, Rigi, Stanserhorn – excursion mountains made accessible by cableways, offering up picture-book panoramas of the regions around Lucerne.
For more information please visit: MySwitzerland.com/lucerne
Source = Switzerland Tourism