Melbourne’s Hotel Windsor has now become fully owned by the Halim Group, in a share sale transaction for an undisclosed amount.
The handover is effective immediately, and the Halim Group has already announced a multi-million dollar refurbishment program to be launched by mid-2009.
“We are delighted to acquire full ownership of this landmark property and look forward to focusing on a forthcoming refurbishment that will see The Hotel Windsor fully reclaim its status as Australia’s only true independent grand hotel,” said the group in a statement.
“We will also continue ongoing investment in attracting the best talent available in the sector and ensuring The Hotel Windsor sets the benchmark for impeccable service and hospitality.”
The 180-roomed hotel is this year celebrating its 125th birthday. This full ownership occurs as the Group bought out all of the shares held within the Oriental Pacific Group.
Thursday, 24 July 2008
Melbourne Hotel Windsor now fully-owned by Halim
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: W.X
More Top Stories
More Hospitality News
- The toughest holiday: Australia’s first Biggest Loser Retreat
- Regent Hotels & Resorts Prepares to Unveil Exclusive All-Suites Bali Resort
- Swissotel Hotels & Resorts continues expansion in China with a new hotel in Xi'an
- QLD tourism targets promote accommodation development
- Little Polynesian Resort awarded Trip Advisor 2013 Certificate of Excellence